One, Ashton cuddles! Despite the thought that young children are little cuddle bugs, they really are energy machines that never take a break. Recently since Ashton has been getting molars he hasn't been really "into" playing. He just wants to be held. He now will lay on top of either of us on the couch and watch a movie. He is somewhat fidgety, but it is amazing. We have been waiting so long for this!
Secondly, Ashton just today used his potty! Since teething (it really intrupts everything) I haven't been trying at all. Today before bed we were in his room with him playing and he kept going over and sitting down on it. We then took off his diaper and he once again kept sitting on it. Soon enough he was standing at the potty and peeing! He didn't get there fast enough to sit down but still, it is such an amazing accomplishment for his age! I am so proud!
There was something else I was going to say but I don't remember anymore.
79 year old woman on trial for killing 85 year old boyfriend in their retirement home
ATLANTA (AP) A security guard, neighbor and two police officers were among the first witnesses in the Fulton County trial of a 79-year-old woman accused of shooting to death her 85-year-old ex-boyfriend after he ended their year-long relationship. Theresa Barnes told jurors today she was less than two hours away from the end of her shift on June tenth, 2005, when Herman Winslow asked her to get Lena Driskell out of his apartment at the retirement center where they lived. Barnes says when she tried to coax Driskell back upstairs, the woman walked up to Winslow -- who was sitting on a couch in the lobby -- pointed a gun to his temple an fired. Barnes says Driskell told her -- quote -- "I'm not scared to go to jail. Call the police." Barnes had worked as a security guard for six months before the shooting happened. She is no longer employed at the Hightower Manor Apartments. Today was the first day of testimony in Driskell's trial, which is expected to last no more than three days. She is charged with murder, aggravated assault, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. The defense had been expected to make opening statements today but delayed them. Fox 5 News
WARNING this post contains at least 13 refrences to Poop!
The past few days have been hard.
Ashton, who seems very advanced in this area for his age, has begun taking off his diaper. There really is no way to stop it from happening. He can take off his pants (and of course hasn't learned to put them back on) and can take off his diaper. He can lift the flaps, or just pull down to get it off. Kids don't usually start this until maybe 2 years old. At first this was an interesting new thing that he did until...
Poop! The recent problem is him trying to clean himself by removing his poopy diapers in his crib before making any noise that he is awake or needs me. As you can imagine cleaning up a boy and bed covered in poop at 5 am isn't such a pleasant thing.
So potty training starts. For boys you usually start potty training around 2 1/2, although every child has cues to when they are ready. Ashton does seem ready but at a whole year early it will be a challenge. There are some things to notice when your child is ready. One is wanting to be alone to poop. Ashton will rarely go unless he is in his room by himself. Another is taking off the diaper. He also tries to clean himself with wipes when I do it also. I am teaching him the sign (sign language) for "going to the bathroom" and he seems to be catching on. That is the biggest lesson I think in starting this that he can tell us when he needs to go, or be changed.
We bought him a Winnie the Poohpotty chair. Does anyone else find it horribly convenient that his potty has a picture of Pooh on it? I think it's hilarious. So I am trying to get him used to the idea slowly as he is still very little to know exactly what to do on there.
Besides the "removing the poopy diaper debacle" Ashton is teething. Teething is a word non-parents think they know but in all truth "teething" does not really begin until the molars come in. All other teething previous to this does not compare.
Ashton gets blood blisters when his teeth come in. They come in so slowly that his mouth continually heals over the tooth poking out resulting in a huge blood blister. This happens twice for each molar as they tend to have 2 points that emerge. Poor little guy is very angry about it all. He wakes up a lot during the night, won't nap during the day, and generally wants to do nothing but hug his lion and watch TV (which I hate that I have been letting him sit in my lap and watch Ice Age continually through all this). As soon as 1 molar finishes coming in another starts. It is a vicious cycle.
Well I should go I guess, I may have a cranky poop covered baby waiting for me.
I hope you all appreciate the color I chose for the poopy words!
so, it's the weekend again. We don't have much planned.
My mom is in yugoslavia. Yes you read that correctly. she will be back the 16th. It is kind of a pilgramige trip with people from her church. I hope she takes good photos, I can't even imagine what it looks like there.
Georgia is hot.
I thought I had something to write about, but as it turns out...
So, some of this is a little dark, but it was a fun exercise, pretty cathartic actually.
List ten things you want to say to ten people you know, but never will for whatever reason. Don't say who they are. (these people are all those who will most likely never read this)
1. You picked the wrong girl.
2. You spilled glue in my desk in elementary school, so I stole your brand new highlighter. I am not sorry.
3. I think about you a lot. I hope you life turned out well. I hope you have gotten out of all the bad that changed you. I wish you could have changed then, for us. Part of me will always love you for what you were before it all.
4. I hate your blog! It is ugly!
5. Whether you like it or not, you will always be wrapped around my little finger. I don't plan on having to use this power I have over you, but you are one of those men that a woman can control. I know at the drop of a dime you would do whatever I ask, and I have abused that in the past. I wish I could say that I'm sorry but I like the feeling of power.
6. Unless you change your life around you will NEVER find a woman! No woman sane or insane would put up with your crap!
7. In high school I wanted to tell your boyfriend that you were cheating on him. As it turns out you married the person you were cheating with, and I know that you won't be faithful to him either.
8. You are the perfect example of men who have huge muscles to compensate for a lacking in other areas.
9. You need to cut your hair, you look like a yeti! Seriously, you could look SO much better.
10. I'm sorry for the way things ended. I used to look up to you. We both got caught up on rumors and hearsay. I wish you could have been adult and talked to me about everything. You made the choice to be out of my life, and now I try to imagine that you don't exist.
Yeah, so some of them are kind of heavy but it was fun, you should all try it.
1. Fresh mozzarella (in a big ball for grating into things) 2. Whole milk for Ashton 3. Red onions - I use them in a lot of things I make 4. Baby carrots 5. Lots of things that should have been thrown away long ago
5 items in my closet
1. All the clothes I never wear 2. Misc. stuff I have no where else to put 3. About 10 bikinis that I will most likely never wear again (damn stretch marks) 4. All the clothes Josh never wears 5. Luggage
5 items in my car
1. Toys all over that Ashton throws while riding (he is not pacient in the car) 2. Yoga mat (not that I do much yoga I think it is still there from my pre-natal class) 3. Pages from children's books (Ashton at no time should be left out of sight with books without cardboard pages) 4. Electronics manuals (when we buy something new and get excited we open it right away in the car, all the manuals to our stuff ends up in the glove box) 5. Misc. crap that we never manage to bring inside the house
5 items in my purse
1. A little photo book with shots of Ashton 2. Perfume samples 3. Hand sanatizer 4. Compact/Mirror 5. Digital Camera
I just realized I never said anything about how last weekend worked out. Tubing went relatively well. Ashton kicked his feet in the water and ate snacks pretty much the whole time. When he wasn't doing that he was making angry noises and trying to get out. He really doesn't like sitting still at all so he was ready when it was over. Sunday we went to the renaissance fair in Atlanta. It was so incredibly hot outside Ashton was bright pink just from being hot, not from being burnt. We saw this little girl there who was about Ashton's age who was so incredibly calm and quiet. I couldn't believe it. She was down walking around the whole time and stayed with her family and didn't run off or anything. I had to hold ashton most of the time because when he's walking he won't let us hold his hands and he just tries to run away! I really don't know how to let him know if he just stays with us he can walk by himself. Anyway it was fun, and so hot.
Nothing planned for this weekend yet, hopefully it will just be filled with lazy days.