Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
May 08, 2006
So, I have a lot to say I suppose. Lets see if I can remember everything I wanted to write.

Josh is out of town with business for a few days, or more. At the earliest he will be home Thursday I think, If he has to be gone longer than that he will at least fly home for Mothers Day weekend. It's strange having him be so far away but amazingly enough I have already gotten some cleaning done.

During Ashton's morning nap (well "morning nap" really implies that he takes more than one nap but he takes a 2-3 hour nap once a day that happens to be in the morning) I also took a nap. It was about 11:30 when I woke to babbling other baby noises coming from his room. My first thought was "ok, 5 hours until he goes to bed". I know that sounds bad, counting down until my sons bedtime, but I'm sure it was only because of my mental state just after a nap. As soon as I get into his room he is jumping on his bed, laughing, and flailing his body parts everywhere. I swear one minute of a child laughing, so eager to see you, and so in love with you will cure any bad mood.

This brings me to the point of that last little story. Ashton is so wonderful I wanted to share the things he does lately that drive me crazy but are what make me smile when I am having a bad day.

Where should I start? There is the never ending obsession with sticking fingers in my belly button, or the jingle of about 10 strands of Mardi Gras type bead necklaces that he wears quite often, I think I need to address his love of food.

I got extremely lucky with a baby who will eat almost anything I give him. His pediatrician says now is the age when they start to get picky so keep your fingers crossed. Anyway, Ashton is crazy about food. If you snack on something in front of him he practically mobs you to eat whatever it is you have. He loves vegetables, meats, fruits, and everything really. His recent favorite is an orzo pasta I make with zucchini, yellow squash, peas, carrots and a few other things which I will post about another time. Ashton loves food so much that when he feeds himself he goes crazy. This afternoon we were sitting on the couch watching Little Robots (a 10 minute cartoon he loves - I know he's pretty young to let watch tv but 10 minutes a day won't hurt him) and we were eating a slice of cheese. At first when you give him something to hold and eat all by himself he is super neat and cautious with a hand on each side taking small bites from the middle. Somewhere between realizing what he is eating and realizing how much he likes it, his hands start shaking. He loves food so much that he gets so excited his hands shake! By then he has submissed to every urge wanting to devour it immediately. Then it comes. Like with any toddler they have this tunnel vision when they get over stimulated. Weather it is a button on the receiver, or a piece of cheese when that urge gets too strong their inhibitions break lose and they will not stop until they satisfy their emotions. In the receiver case that means every button gets pushed, every knob gets turned, and every setting gets changed. He once actually figured out how to set something I had been trying to figure out for months! With foods this toddler urge makes me laugh every time. So he is sitting there with his cheese in hand and all of a sudden his tiny hands start shaking and so fast (fast enough that you could easily miss it) he forms the rest of the cheese into a ball and shoves it all into his mouth at once. It is so funny. The same occurs with cereal bars, deli meat, crackers, cheerios, all his food really. Sometime I may catch it on video for your enjoyment.
posted by R, J, & A @ 5/08/2006 04:02:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5/08/2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Jasmine said…

    That is so cute! You definetly need to get video of that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 

Name: R, J, & A
Home: Canton, Georgia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
adopt your own virtual pet!
Past Posts
Archives

Favorite places