Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
April 11, 2006


Only 56% of students in Georgia graduate highschool! 56%! In my highschool only 3 in my class didn't graduate. It's unbelievable. I don't know what we will do if Ashton doesn't get into the private school we want him to go to. It is well worth the $10,000 a year to keep him safe and learn to value his mind and take advantage of the opportunities he has. I think I will be nervous until the time comes for his interviews and applications in a few years, I can't imagine him having to go to the schools around here. It is too bad that kids everywhere can't get the same educational opportunities as everyone else. I really didn't think there was so much difference between the states. Minnesota has one of the highest graduation rates in the country. It seems like a different world down here sometimes.
posted by R, J, & A @ 4/11/2006 04:34:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4/12/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Conqueress said…

    With you two as parents he already has a lot going for him! I think family makes a big difference in whether people graduate or not.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 

Name: R, J, & A
Home: Canton, Georgia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
adopt your own virtual pet!
Past Posts
Archives

Favorite places