Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
March 02, 2006
I am a Southerner!

I have realized something absolutely dreadful. I am becoming a southerner. I am not saying anything bad about people who are from the south (although I generally don't like many of them) but I never thought I would be something other than a person from the north with a Minnesota accent. Lately I have been saying "darlin" a lot recently. To the cats, and to Asthon it has become a world of affection. I will NEVER be like waitresses who say it to Josh, me, and to every other person they talk to but seriously. I can't believe it is in my vocabulary. I have also become lazy and started saying "bye" differently. It is a lazy way of saying it that kind of sounds like "ba" definitely southern sounding. I am really going to start trying not to do that one. My new favorite food is "chicken N dumplins" - it is delicious. You should all try it some time.

So, yes I am turning into a southern woman, hopefully my speed of acclimation slows some so I don't turn into a redneck overnight - I need to stay somewhat in the middle until we can move back to Colorado someday.
posted by R, J, & A @ 3/02/2006 06:20:00 PM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

 

Name: R, J, & A
Home: Canton, Georgia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
adopt your own virtual pet!
Past Posts
Archives

Favorite places