Yay! Josh finally started a blog! Please pass it on to all of your friends, significant others, random people on the street etc. as I know it will always be a good read. Visit him here: The-Lab-Rat! Please leave him some love and if you leave your url he will blogroll you all also! ps - even those of you who don't really know him - you are all welcome to read and share :)
I wonder if these gals know that their bare-breasted-ness is getting spread all over the internet. I have to say, not matter the slightly scary aspect of the picture that I do admire their courageousness to show that much of themselves after probably feeding babies and getting old.
A monumental day! You always hear how kids grow up so fast, that they grow up overnight; well that is so so so true. Just 1 hour after waking up today Ashton learned 3 new things. He can say "No" which is so cute because he pronounces it like "now", he can say "Ruff" like a dog barking - grrr, ruff ruff. He also found his belly button! That is pretty funny too, he still has a milk belly in the way so he pushes his stomach in with his hands and then puts his fingers in his belly button.
Ashton also got to walk on his own outside in the rain today - I have never put him down much when it is wet outside because he just wants to put his hands in he water. Today he learned the joy of stomping his feet in puddles. So cute.
He is getting his molars. This sucks. He is such a happy kid, and still is with molars cutting but he won't take a nap. This is mostly bad because when he is tired he plays hard and rough. He ends up falling down a lot and getting hurt. Oh well, bedtime is just a few hours away and he will sleep then.
What has this world come to. I got spammed on my own ebay auction! Right there where a question should have been, an "auto generated" add from some electronics company in Asia. I was pretty mad and deleted the "question" right away. Next time I should stop and think WWJD "What Would Jen Do?" That is what I will do from now on when I need to think of something to say to an offensive or incredibly stupid person!
Without further ado, I give you a conversation with a 1 year old.
dot dow That's a frog! dot doooowww
dot dow That's a duck! dot dow? dot dot dot dooww
dot dow Your lion! That's your lion! DOT DOW
Translation from my very own toddler/English dictionary: dot dow, meaning: 1. Hey! Look at that! 2.What is that! 3. There it is! 4. Oh, that's what that is. 5. I hate you. Stop pointing at these stupid animals and put me down! I am Hungry! Feed me before I have to go searching for cheerios under your comuper desk!
Looking down at my keyboard, I realize that it is very very very dirty. Gross. Better get around to cleaning it.
1. Do you still talk to the person you had your first kiss with? Truthfully, I don't even remember who that was.
2. What would you do with 1,000 plastic spoons? Most likely I would put them in a baggie and shove them somewhere that I would not remember, and I would find them while opening a box years later.
3. What did you do when you weren't in school in the 2nd grade? Stupid and embarrassing things I'm sure.
4. What is the best thing about your job? Not having to get dressed, which I rarely do.
5. Do you like more than one person right now? I hardly know more than one person anymore! But know, I see an occasional hot guy, but that's about it.
6. Are you against same sex wedlock? I am all for it. If you can find someone to love and want to live your life with you should be able to get married and have the same rights as anyone else regardless of their sex.
7. Did you vote for Bush? I was very pregnant and didn't feel like standing in line for hours so, no, I didn't vote at all.
8. Where are you going on your next vacation? Probably Vegas, but that could be a long time. Josh's pneumonia and my dad's funeral used up a ton of vacation time and I don't know when he will have more.
9. Have you dry humped any of your myspace (LJ) friends? Nope!
10. Are most of your friends guys or girls? Girls and that is strange for me. I generally hate women, hate almost all women.
11. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? I have a lamp
12. Last book you read? My Friend Leonard, James Frey - currently reading The Known World, Edward P. Jones
13. If you could have one super power what would it be? Telepathy, not in the sci-fi way that requires extreme concentration but in the Mel Gibson way from "What Women Want"
14. Where have you lived most of your life? Minnesota
15. What was the last convo you had about? Josh was telling me his days off this week.
16. Where do you see yourself in four years? That is very hard to say, but I hope wherever it is we will be happy.
17. What's your favorite smell? Ashton when he's clean and covered in baby lotion.
18. What is your favorite sound? Josh and Ashton laughing together.
19. Are you moody? Not moody, only one mood in particular - angry, yes that is me always angry it seems.
20. Favorite movie of all time. I can't pick just one, I love movies too much.
21. Have you ever done anything vindictive to your classmate? Probably
22. Have you ever gone to therapy? Nope
23. Have you ever played Spin the bottle? Probably did at some point
24. Have you ever toilet-papered someone's house? Yep that's fun
25. Have you ever liked someone but never told them? Of course
26. Have you ever gone camping? Only once I think
27. Have you ever had a crush on your sister's friend? No sister
28. Have you ever gone to a nude beach? Nope
30. Have you ever had a stalker? I have had several "peeping toms"- that probably qualifies
31. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Several times
32. Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? Not cried, peed. Lots of times, especially when pregnant.
33. Have you ever gone to a party where you were the only sober person? Probably not, I was drunk often a parties.
34. Have you ever been in love? Yes, yes
35. Have you ever felt betrayed by a best friend? Lots, lots, lots of times.
36. Have you ever lied to your parents? Just in case my mom is reading this, I plead the 5th
37. Have you ever been out of the US? I have been to every English speaking country except New Zealand
38. Have you ever thrown up from working out? Yep
39. Have you ever gotten a haircut so bad that you wore a hat for a month straight? I have gotten some pretty bad hair cuts, but have never worn a hat because of it.
40. Have you ever eaten 3 meals from 3 different fast food places in 1 day? Yes lol, quite a few times, especially while pregnant.
Didn't anyone else notice there was no question 41?
42. Have you ever spied on someone? Don't think so
43. Have you ever slept with one of your coworkers? Josh was a coworker!
44. Have you ever seen your best friend naked? Yep
45. Who was the last person who called you? Josh
46. When was the last time you slept for more then 12 hours? I wish I could remember.
47. Have you ever been arrested? Not yet, hopefully never
48. Most embarrassing CD you own? Don't have cd's anymore really, lots of embarrassing mp3's though
49. Have you ever stolen anything? I used to steal boyfriends quite frequently. A Kirby vacuum salesman once told me "You're gonna be a heart breaker when you grow up" turned out, I was for a while.
50. Have you ever drank egg nog? I used to love it, I now don't see why.
So, today was kind of an interesting day. We went out to lunch at Stevie B's (the restaurant that Josh almost worked at but passed on). Ashton is learning how to drink out of a normal (big boy) cup so I was helping him get some water. Josh asked me for a napkin and I took my hand of the cup for a split second and Ashton dumped the whole glass of ice water all over his head and body. He was so surprised that he started screaming. I have never been so embarrassed, I felt so bad for him too he must have been so scared! We didn't have a spare outfit with us today so we had to make a Walmart run with the baby boy in soaking wet clothing.
I swear Walmart was hosting "old people employee day". Everywhere we went in that store there were old people who didn't know what they were doing. I am all for equal opportunity employment and non age discrimination but seriously, who puts a 80 year old on the speed lane? This lady had to take a CD casing off and she looked like she was either gonna break her hand or have to call the entire fleet of oldies to help her. Then the beeper went off at the door - her memory loss must have gotten the best of her and forgotten to swipe the magnets. Of course another old lady was the one to try and run to stop us, and took like what felt like an hour going over our receipt.
So we get home, well in the parking lot of home, and I was pretty pissy. Josh decided that it would be a good idea to set off the car alarm to cheer me up. Funny thing is, it kinda worked. Our alarm is messed up and really hard to shut off but it was funny and I am all good now.
p.s. I am really not filled with such hate for elderly employees, just today, and in the speed lane.
This is Ashton when he was about 3-4 moths old - just flailing. Took it on my cell, just found it and thought I would post :) might want to turn the sound off - for some reason the sound got screwed up - not like that in the origional file but anyway enjoy.
I thought for a change I would today talk about what I like to call my 'Garbage Can Funk'. I am having a problem with my garbage can. It is spotless, sanitized, beautiful actually; but it has a funk. No matter the contents, the number of bags garbage is contained in, or the length of a piece of garbage's stay in it, it has a funk. This particular funk is of the baby poop, spoiled lettuce, ass variety. Every diaper that goes into this can is double bagged in addition to the regular bag. Every piece of leaky stinky food is also double bagged. My house does not smell, often the garbage does not even smell, just my garbage can. It has been bleached, oxy cleaned, washed, scrubbed, and even air freshened. The air freshener was worst, I then had a 'Freshener Funk'. I am at a loss for what to do now, do I just learn to live and love the funk?
To those of you who aren't big fans of this day, I think I will recommend skipping over this post. It's mushy, cheesy, and I can imagine hard to stomach if you aren't in the mood for some Valentine's Day romance.
101 Things I Love about You (Things Rosie loves about Josh)
1. I love that every minute I am thinking about you, I know that you are thinking about me too. 2. I love the way you laugh when you play with our son. 3. I love that you know the importance of nice makeup, 4. and that you know what kinds I use and can buy it for me when I'm not there. 5. I love that you aren't perfect, 6. can't sit still, 7. or be quiet; 8. but that you try so hard, just for me. 9. I love the way you look in your new pants, 10. and out of them. 11. I love that you can put up with all my little things, 12. that you say aren't annoying, but I know that they are. 13. I love that you sleep so deeply, 14. I can make all kinds of noise and not wake you, 15. or at least you don't complain. 16. I love how every time I think of you my phone rings, 17. or I get a little message or picture from you. 18. I love that you lie with me until I fall asleep, 19. just so I can sleep well, 20. and that you try to be so quiet. 21. I love that you rub me when I'm sleeping, 22. and you aren't mad when I don't remember it in the morning. 23. I love that you don't get mad if I don't have time to iron your shirts, 24. or pants, 25. or sometimes even wash them. 26. I love your artistic eyes, 27. everything you see is beauty. 28. I love what you can create, 29. from just a blank piece of paper. 30. I love that you are such an amazing dad, 31. even though you don't always remember where the diapers are, 32. or at what time he will be hungry. 33. I love that you actually listen when I talk to you, 34. and that you remember what I say. 35. I love your little surprises, 36. that you come home with every day. 37. There is no one else that could make me happy; 38. but you can make me happy with something as small as a gumball. 39. I love that when you are angry at me you can't stay mad, 40. because you can't help wanting to make me laugh, 41. and you can make me laugh, not matter how upset I am. 42. I love that you try to say "I Love you" to me at least 12 times a day, 43. because anything less is just not enough love. 44. I love how you sing to Shakira, and the Dixie Chicks, 45. and that you are just a little embarrassed when I notice. 46. I love the way you take so long to get ready, 47. and try on clothes, 48. because I know that you are trying to be perfect for me. 49. I love that you think about what would be the best type of soap for me to use, 50. I love that you care about my soap! 51. I can't believe it when you come home with food from 3 different restaurants, 52. just so I can have all my favorite things. 53. I love how we spend every minute together, 54. and still want more time. 55. I love that you appreciate everything that I do for you, 56. and you work just as hard to do things for me. 57. I love that you remember carnations are ugly flowers, 58. and 'bird of paradise' are my favorites. 59. I love that when you are hungry you don't even know where to look for food; 60. and that when I cook, you love everything I make. 61. I love that when Ashton was born you were there, 62. with me every minute, 63. even when you felt sick. 64. I love that everything I was thinking that day, you were too. 65. I love that you don't read baby books, 66. that way you know I will just let you know the important things. 67. I love how you get scared when I feed him something he has never had before, 68. and when he tries to put so much in his mouth at once. 69. I love how you knew how important his 1st birthday was to me, 70. and that you did everything you could to make the day perfect, 71. and it was. 72. I love that you are so caring, 73. and giving, 74. and passionate, 75. and silly. 76. and emotional, 77. and stubborn, 78. and lazy, 79. and hardworking, 80. and sleepy. 81. I love 'Josh Bad N Ugly'! 82. I love that I cannot imagine my life without you, 83. and that you couldn't imagine yours without me either. 84. I love when you buy me things, 85. that I tell you not to, 86. because I am just being stubborn. 87. I love that you hide money from me, 88. so that you can buy me things. 89. I love that you love watches, 90. because I love to buy them for you. 91. I love how you get embarrassed to tell me things, 92. even when they are usually things I already know. 93. I love how you change your mind about everything, 94. like getting a motorcycle, 95. or a new car, 96. or a truck. 97. I love how when you read all of this you will probably cry, 98. and how embarrassed you will be when I tell you I put it online. 99. I love that you are trying your best not to bite your nails, 100. and that you are sucking up your manly-ness to get a manicure for my Valentines Day present. 101. I love how even after listing 100 things about you that I love; it doesn't even scratch the surface of what is amazing about you. I could go on for a Million more.
Happy Valentines Day!
If anyone is still here after these 101 things, let the heaving commence and have a wonderful Valentines Day!
I was bored this afternoon and decided to flip through a few blogs. I came across this post: F U GEORGIA. I have never really seen anyone with such a blatant disregard for a whole state of people. Truthfully I am not that crazy about Georgia - I call Colorado Springs my home - but this really pisses me off. I was going to post some long and well thought out comment on her site but decided that the last thing I need is to have some random Georgian hating POS mad at me - So I share this post, and I hope you all hate it as much as I do.
So, I don't want to jinx it, but so far so good; no crap falling down yet.
It has been snowing a lot here - so strange, snowed all day yesterday, and started again just now. Sometimes it sticks to the ground a little bit but never looks like anything more than a cotton tree shedding.
I am so excited for Valentines Day! Tomorrow I will post my V-day present to Josh. He will be embarrassed I think. We are gonna get some Chinese food, rent a movie, and relax. Not too exciting but I think it sounds great!
I feel bad for Michelle Kwan dropping out of the Olympics. That is really too bad. I can't even believe the Olympics are going on again. It must seem like a lifetime between games for the participants but to me it seems like they were just on last week. I haven't been paying attention to what is on when, so we will see if I actually get to watch any of the things I like.
I will be getting around to posting the video and pics from Ashton's party soon. Hopefully in the next few days if I am lucky!
Ah, after cleaning literally every single surface of my home, it is clean. Well, pretty clean. I can finally relax, until tomorrow when it will probably continue. I don't have much more to say, been too busy cleaning.
Edit: I thought of something else to say - sorry to make you jealous Jen, it is snowing again, and even sticking to the ground a tiny bit.
Stress So, a new roof is being put on our building. They said that debris and dust would be falling and that it was recommended that we cover our electronics. In reality there is crap everywhere. Chunks of dry tar the size of quarters, and a fine fine dust that is being ground into my rugs and is in all of our cloths and everything. They have been working from 7 am to 7 pm. I have not been in the house during the day the past three days - how can I have ashton in this stuff. His room isn't affected at all but it is getting tracked around and he gets really mad at me when he can't leave his room. It is impossible to clean because you can't really see the dust on our floor until you try to sweep it up. My vacuum is on it's breaking point getting up the big stuff, I have to re-wash everything in our closet. I haven't called to complain because I don't even know what to say or how to contain my anger. I don't know how anything will ever be clean again. They told me before they started that it would be nothing hazardous to our health but I really don't know if I believe them so I keep Ashton our of all of it. I think they have only done half of our roof. I am going completely insane. It's like my ceiling is falling and the whole world is coming down with it. I am so so so so so so so pissed. So that is my rant. We will be starting to look for houses soon - we will be out of here by June 1st. We are unsure of where we really want to get a house though because Josh may need to move around with his job some in the next few years. Anyway I am pissed, anxious, and going completely insane.
You can assume your toddler is hungry when he leaves his toys to spend 20 minutes (20 minutes toddler time is equal to roughly 5 hours real time) striving to get something underneath your desk; and that something turns out to be a single Cheerio!
It is so early in the morning, and of course I am on the computer. Josh is pretty burnt out at work, I think he needs a challenging job - he is miserable doing the same thing every day. It would be nice if he didn't have to work 55 hours each week also.
Today Ashton gets to meet his great-grandma! He knows one of them already and now he gets to meet the other, that will be fun. He loves new people, not a shy boy at all.
I have to say that I am actually happy Josh doesn't like many sports. I am thrilled to not have to watch the Superbowl. I will tune in for the commercials I think.
I can't believe that it is only 8 am! It feels like its... noonish. Josh was off to work at 6, I was up at 4 (damn cats woke Ashton). Speeking of cats, no more cat sex! Yes Mitsu's quest for lovin' has stopped. I am glad Harley is fixed so we won't be seeing kittens anytime soon. We will get Mitsu fixed eventually, just isn't on our list of priorities. Mitsu is the black cat in the photos. ---->
So I finally got this template workin'. Html is a pain in the ass, xml isn't much fun either but I am better at that for some reason. I hope you all like my hard work :)
When I get around to it I will be posting video from Ashton's birthday party! He ate his cake shirtless and rubbed frosting all over himself! It was great. I will be posting all of our pictures also, just deceiding how to archive them and in what program.
You can leave me messages on my ChatBox to the right - reply to posts also but if you just wanna say "Hi" or "Oh I wanted to tell you" kind of stuff leave it there.
It's once again time to review the winners of the annual Stella Awards. The Stellas are named after 81 year old Stella Liebeck who spilled coffee on herself and successfully sued McDonald's. That caseinspired the Stella Awards for the most frivolous successfullawsuits in the United States.
THIS YEAR'S AWARDS GO TO ....
5TH PLACE (TIED): Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving toddler was Ms. Robertson's son.(I'd say this was life's payback - Harvey)
5TH PLACE (TIED): 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won$74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr Truman apparently did not notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal the hubcaps. (More paybacks - Harvey)
5TH PLACE (TIED): Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania, was leaving the house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage.He was not able to get the garage door to go up since the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He could not re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage had locked when he pulled it shut. (Karma? - Harvey) The family was on vacation and Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for 8 days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found and a large bag of dry dog food. He sued the homeowners insurance, claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The Jury agreed to the tune of $500,000
4TH PLACE: Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor's beagle dog. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been a little provoked at the time, as Mr. Williams, who had climbed over the fence into the yard, was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.
3RD PLACE: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx (tailbone). The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier, during an argument
2ND PLACE: Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware sued the owner of a Night Club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out two of her front teeth. This occurred while Ms. Walton was trying to sneak in the window of the Ladies Room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.(She can now pay her cover charge out of the 12 Grand! - Harvey)
1ST PLACE: This year's runaway winner was Mr. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mr. Grazinski purchased a brand new Winnebago Motor home. On his trip home from an OU football game, having driven onto the freeway, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee.Not surprisingly the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned.Mr. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising him in the owner's manual that he could not actually do this. The jury awarded him $1,750,000 plus a new Winnebago Motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other