|January 24, 2006
1. Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
2. In the 1400's a law was set forth that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"
3. The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
4. Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
5. Men can read smaller print than women......BUT...... women can hear better.
6. Coca-Cola was originally green.
7. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
8. The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
9. The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% .(now get this...) The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
10. The cost of raising a medium-size dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
11. The average number of people airborne over the US any given hour:
12. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
13. The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom Sawyer.
14. The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.
15. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs -Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
16. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321 Go ahead check it with a calculator.
17. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air......... the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air.........the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground........the person died of natural causes.
18. Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July
4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson.
Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.
19. Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what? A. Their birthplace
20. Q. Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested? A. Obsession
21. Q. If you were to spell out all numbers, starting at one....... how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? A. One thous (A) nd
22. Q. What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common? A. All invented by women............Yes
23. Q. What is the only food that doesn't spoil? A. Honey
24. Q. Which day are there more collect calls than any other day of the year? A. Father's Day
25. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes.
When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... "goodnight........ sleep tight."
26. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.
27. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month ... which we know today as the honeymoon.
28. In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts...So in old England, when customers got unruly, the bartender would yell at them "Mind your pints and quarts, and settle down." It's where we get the phrase "mind your P's and Q's"
29. Many years ago in England, pub frequenters had a whistle baked into the rim, or handle, of their ceramic cups.
When they needed a refill, they used the whistle to get some service. This is where we get the phrase ......"Wet your whistle"
30. At least 75% of people who read this will ............................try to lick their elbow...........
31. Try to read the paragraph below........see what happens Believe it or not................. you can read it.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wolhe
|posted by R, J, & A @ 1/24/2006 12:10:00 PM
replica watches, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max, christian louboutin uk, polo ralph lauren outlet online, longchamp outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, burberry outlet, prada outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, gucci handbags, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, tiffany jewelry, burberry handbags, polo outlet, uggs outlet, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, nike air max, nike free, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, uggs outlet, tiffany and co, replica watches
vans pas cher, ray ban uk, sac hermes, coach purses, mulberry uk, replica handbags, new balance, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors pas cher, ray ban pas cher, louboutin pas cher, jordan pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike tn, lululemon canada, true religion jeans, kate spade, air max, timberland pas cher, nike air max, nike blazer pas cher, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, north face, hollister uk, nike roshe run uk, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, north face uk, burberry pas cher, coach outlet, hogan outlet, nike air force, abercrombie and fitch uk, polo lacoste, hollister pas cher, nike air max uk, nike roshe, nike free uk, michael kors, oakley pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, coach outlet store online, nike free run, sac vanessa bruno, guess pas cher, true religion outlet
iphone 6s plus cases, s6 case, lululemon, jimmy choo outlet, oakley, bottega veneta, baseball bats, mont blanc pens, giuseppe zanotti outlet, nike air max, louboutin, iphone 6 cases, instyler, ferragamo shoes, north face outlet, iphone 6 plus cases, celine handbags, valentino shoes, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, iphone 6s cases, hollister, iphone 5s cases, timberland boots, soccer jerseys, vans outlet, longchamp uk, insanity workout, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, ipad cases, nike roshe run, beats by dre, asics running shoes, babyliss, hollister clothing, chi flat iron, new balance shoes, hermes belt, nike huaraches, mcm handbags, ghd hair, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, nfl jerseys, nike trainers uk, iphone cases, soccer shoes, reebok outlet, p90x workout
doudoune moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg, canada goose, canada goose uk, pandora uk, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, links of london, pandora charms, moncler outlet, supra shoes, swarovski, pandora jewelry, hollister, doke gabbana, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, vans, canada goose outlet, hollister, moncler, canada goose, nike air max, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, louis vuitton, lancel, karen millen uk, wedding dresses, pandora jewelry, gucci, converse outlet, ray ban, canada goose, marc jacobs, barbour uk, replica watches, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, toms shoes, barbour, converse, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, moncler